Thursday, August 31, 2006

A trend I've noticed recently is that my friends are blogging about how they hate blogging.

Now, a more accurate description of "bloggers' block" would be not be that blogging has gotten old or one has nothing left to write about, but short-term memory loss. Throughout the day, we all experience things that upon seeing, we say to ourselves,"I gotta blog that," but our mind discards it five minutes later, like last week's cheese that's turned an interesting shade of green. When we get home, our mind is blank as my term 4 art project canvas.

I also think that some people (the ones I know at least) are missing the entire point of blogging. Web-based diaries are exactly that, diaries that are on the world wide web. Rather than recording the day's activities, I believe that reflecting on the thoughts that went through one's head would be slightly closer to the mark. I've mentioned this before, just that now it's refined a bit.

Intellectual idiot, I like the sound of that.

No comments: