Sunday, August 20, 2006

1 - 0, to Kanoyt

It was a long and bitter struggle, but through sheer will and determination, Kanoyt prevailed in an epic battle against a hideous monster from the deepest reaches of the earth, where no man has ever trod.

It was a roach. Nasty bugger. Flied around too,

Like a mosquito.

Have you ever seen cartoons where a dopey, loveable character prepares to exterminate an annoying bug (who's always cheeky and sly) with a can of ACME spray, and proceeds to spray himself in the face? That's pretty much what happened here. Then I got flustered and emptied half the can (the right way round) onto the poor but deserving monster. It didnt last 3 seconds. It must've realised the futility of attempting to flee, because it just sat there as I approached it, rather than buzz around like it did when I noticed it's dark presence. Alot of it did get on the floor though.

I have gained from this experience. I walk away now, stronger and braver, with a slimy floor and a funny smell as mementos of my struggle.

No comments: