Friday, June 30, 2006

Breathe! Don't forget to Breathe!

*furious*. Why is it we have everything we need, and everything we want. YET the thing that we want MOST of all, is juuust always outside of our grasp? It may not be something material. I have a cool phone that cost a pretty penny, I bought a new pair of birks last month, but what I seemingly would die without at this time (yes, I know this sounds spoilt, it'll pass once I lose faith in the world) doesn't even cost mere peanuts.

I sat down and wrote this letter,
Telling you that I haven't felt better.
Since you’d gone and I was free,
I've been so lonely.

I have so little time to spare now,
I ain't wanted anywhere now.
I'm always stuck at no. 121 Dover,
Friends have stopped coming over.

Feeling sorry for myself,
Wishing I am someone else.
I walk aimlessly around the city,
'Cause I cannot stand others' pity.

Begging doesn’t do the trick,
People think that I’m a lunatic.
The police arrive in time for tea,
Say they’d like to question me.

It hasn't been the best of days.
How I'd love to fly away.
It seems like good luck is always late,
I can only curse my fate.

Why can't I have the average 14-year-old's blog, where he writes,"Today I had mee pok for lunch. It was good. I'm so happy because the pretty girl at church smiled at me today!!!"

Hmph. I blame the need of the average teenager not to be average. When being out, is in, posts like these appear in places where they shouldn't, like this blog.

No comments: