Monday, September 11, 2006

Interesting point brought up yesterday.

I was told that it's sometimes better to hang out with geeks than other people. The reasoning behind this is that these 'other people', at parties, are always trying to look cool, and every strained action is scrutinised, from one's clothes to one's accent. Whereas with geeks, you could just be yourself. I agree with this, except that anyone close enough to accept you for who you are would take the place of 'geek'.

Thinking about it, I believe that I am a geek, deep inside. I remember openly declaring my geekness by discussing the Lord of the Rings and Star Trek lore with my long-lost friends from primary school, but now it's all been sheathed by a facade of 'cool things'. Not that I want to bring that side out again in public, I'd be ponded more often than I already am. Ironically, I was the bright spark who introduced that colourful concept. In fact, I could actually prove this from whatever's happened in the classroom this year.

That clears some things up for myself. I'm still convinced that I'm not wise.

P.S. Cephas please don't get pissed at my MSN DP, it's all tongue-in-cheek. You know I'd never really insult anyone.

No comments: