Sunday, May 21, 2006

Don't you hate it?

I do.

When you have the opportunity to do something profound, something that would change everything, but you find that you don't possess the courage to reach out and do it.

Realise, then, that it's not that you don't have the courage, but you refuse to dig deep enough to find it within yourself. Realise, then, that you are weak.

I'm on an island at a busy intersection.
I can't go forward,
I can't turn back.
Can't see the future,
It's getting away from me.
I just watch the tail lights glowing.
I'm one step closer to... nothing.

I'm hanging out to dry,
With my old clothes.
Finger still red with the prick of the old rose.
Well the heart that hurts,
Is a heart that beats.
Can you hear the drummer slowing?
I'm one step closer to... nothing.

No comments: